Helping Injury Victims In Ohio And Kentucky
Minnillo Law Group Co., LPA, offers a wide variety of legal services but helping the injured is one of the strengths of our firm.
Whether it is negligence on the part of a fellow driver or unsafe conditions while shopping in a large store, our objectives are to protect the rights of the injured and to secure the most compensation possible for their injuries.
Common Examples Of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We understand that every case is unique, so we sit down and listen to the client, and try to best understand the nature of their legal needs. Typically, we handle claims that fall into the following categories:
- Car crashes: Distracted driving statistics continue to climb, causing injury and property damage.
- Truck accidents: Crashes involving semi trucks will often cause severe injury to other drivers and their passengers as well as massive damage to property. These crashes can involve the most severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries or even wrongful death.
- Motorcycle crashes: Injuries are often severe, and the rules for claims are complicated and different from other motor vehicle accidents.
- Premises liability: The owner or occupant has an obligation so guests can safely visit their premises, including using stairs and walkways. The host should also mark any obstacle that could cause a slip, trip and fall injury.
Accidents happen all the time. However, sometimes people are injured because of the negligence of someone else. Fortunately, there are laws in place to secure compensation for the injured. If you were involved in an accident where you suspect or know that another person was at fault, it is important to speak with an effective personal injury law firm like Minnillo Law Group Co., LPA.
Steps To Take After An Injury
- Seek medical attention: You need medical documentation to prove the extent of your injuries. Do not delay seeking the advice of a medical professional.
- Notify your insurance company: If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, file a claim with your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Start gathering evidence: It can be a good idea to gather evidence, including photographs, video footage, witness statements, police report(s), medical expenses and records to support your claim. Bring any evidence you gather to your initial consult with a lawyer.
- Stay off social media: Refrain from sharing your experience with the World Wide Web until the conclusion of your case. Remember – anything you post could be used as evidence against you later.
- Understand the statute of limitations: You must file suit within the statute of limitations. Laws change, and we can evaluate your case to determine if you still have time to sue.
- Contact an attorney: As vetted personal injury attorneys, we can communicate with insurers on your behalf and fight for the compensation you need.
What Can We Do For You?
Personal injury lawyers can be a tremendous help to the injured and their families. At Minnillo Law Group Co., LPA, our lawyers can provide assistance by handling interaction with the insurance companies, find proper medical care if it is needed and build a strong argument for getting you all the compensation that you deserve from the negligent parties. Call one of our offices or contact us online to learn more about what we can do for you.